31 December 2014

Resolution Resources: Lose Weight

Dear Lissy,

Losing weight is always at the top of my mind/resolutions.  Some years it's "Yes!  I am stoked.  This is happening this year."  Other years my thinking is more along the lines of "Meh.  I know I should do something, but I am so tired of this merry-go-round."

I was going to write you a letter about making small daily exchanges with input that can be measured and lining up support.  But that is not this letter.  

This letter is simply to tell you that I love you. 

That resolution?  It doesn't matter just now.  Nothing about the outside of you could make me love you any more or any less.  You're my daughter. I look forward to every hug.  I see that sparkle in your eye, and I love to hear you laugh so hard you snort.  When I see your number on caller ID my heart speeds up.  You are beloved.  You're grown now, if you're reading this, and you don't hear those words enough.  I love you.  I love all your quirks.  I love the sweet bits, and the ornery bits, and I want to weep with you when you cry out your frustrations.  I rejoice when your prayers are answered or you have a special moment or success to share with me.

Yes, we need to steward this incredible body we've been gifted by our Heavenly Father.  But as you, my precious, beautiful daughter reach the end of this year; I don't want to leave you with a few tips for improving your health or losing the pounds that plague you .  As you step over the threshold into your new year, know that I simply love the miracle that is you.

All my heart,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment