Sometimes it's hard to grab those forty winks when you're a side sleeper...
- Sleeping on the ground, floor, or an unfamiliar mattress
- Rotator cuff or cubital tunnel trouble
- Nasal congestion
Try using an extra pillow...
- Stack two pillows in the normal pillow position.
- For the third "pillow," you'll need only an inch or two of padding. I like a super squishy pillow that's too soft to support my neck, but a flat pillow or even a folded up piece of clothing can suffice.
- Align the top edge of the third pillow with the bottom edge of the stacked pillows leaving an 8" gap.
- When you lie down, position the bottom edge of the third pillow at your waist, and place your upper arm/shoulder in the gap between the pillows.
- Adjust the stacked pillows to fully support your neck in a neutral position (you may only need one).