24 March 2011

Journaling the Journey, Part 2

Dear Lissy,
I ended my last letter with the statement:

"My diaries are the hearts of those I have loved through the years."

I have shared
my hurts,
      my highs,
             my hopes
with ones that I loved and trusted, and they have faithfully listened, encouraged, and consistently pointed my thoughts toward
the One Heart that loves above all others, Whose very essence is love.





The habit, learning to journal daily and faithfully
 into His heart of love, was not an easy one.


Calling a beloved friend 
or enjoying the camaraderie of a social network
usually provided instant empathy for my noisy soul.

But I learned the Master of the Storms will calm the troubled waters of my soul if I but ask, and wait like a child with eager, outstretched hands.



His letters of love will guide my heart to view my joys and heartaches through His eyes until I understand that 

I do not need to understand the circumstance, 
I must simply trust 
   His infinite Love for me, 
      His Hand shaping me, 
         His Grace, more than enough 

And after journaling my life with others and into His, I know that while I may not have a row of leather-clad books chronicling my life,

"They that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, 

and a book of remembrance was written before him 

for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name."  ~ Malachi 3:1


Remembering you in love,
Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment