Spring cleaning time is here. It's tempting to use elbow grease, but that's counterproductive.
Let the cleaner do the work!
- Remove any loose debris with a brush, rag, or vacuum attachment.
- Saturate the item with an appropriate cleaner.
- Let stand 3-5 minutes. The cleaner will do the work chemically so that you don't have to use elbow grease.
- Use a nylon scrubby, toothbrush, or nylon scraper to remove any stuck on areas. Use a deck brush on non-wood floors.
- Rinse well.
- Wipe dry.
- Restore finish protectors if desired.
Don't use this method on:
- Fabric or carpets
- Vintage or delicate glass and china
- Delicate stone surfaces like marble