Tomorrow promises to be about 134 degrees in church. The windows in the sanctuary remain closed, so there's not a breath of air for relief. We'll all have to do a little extra heart work before we leave tomorrow morning, or a complaining spirit will quickly overtake our worship.
- Vegetable Tray: Celery sticks, Carrot chips, Sun gold cherry tomatoes, Snap Peas
- Relish Tray: Sweet Baby Gherkin pickles, Dill chips, Black olives
- Deviled eggs (quiche or baby quiches are a great choice here, too)
- Meat and Cheese Tray
- Cheese, one or two varieties
- Cottage cheese
- Spiral Ham slices. Wal-mart sells a 1-2# vacuum pack of spiral ham ends and pieces that's very affordable. 5-10 slices of deli meat is a good substitute
- Chicken chunks. I cooked two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in balsamic vinegar, honey, cinnamon, thyme, and sea salt tonight while the oven was still hot from pizza. I'll chill them overnight and cube them up in the morning.
- Breadbasket: Pretzel Breadsticks, Crackers, and Crisps
- Fruit Tray: Peach slices, Grapes, Melon chunks
- Ranch dressing
- Honey Mustard dip
- Beverage: Cran Grape mixed with Club Soda or Iced coffee
- Dessert: Ice Cream and Mini Strawberry Pies